Stilhavn Real Estate Services
36 E 5th Ave, Vancouver, BC V5T 1G8
Why is home staging part of our Full Service Selling Program? Because staging is a simple, affordable way to enhance the value and profile of your property.
Ariane and the ladies at Urban Presentations really opened my eyes to the value of home staging. I admit that initially I was skeptical. Still, our home was aging and needed a little boost. After the clutter was cleared away, in came the beautiful, colorful accessories. It was amazing to see how pillows, vases, area rugs, and pictures transformed our living space. More important was the result. Our sold in about three weeks incredibly close to the asking price. Moreover there were other places, cheaper places, for sale in our neighborhood. Thank you for all your help!
– Nita Naidoo.
In a buyer’s market (where there’s a surplus of properties) staging sets your home apart and gives you the competitive edge. In a seller’s market, it’s about making a timely sale and getting the best price possible. Either way, home staging is a proven solution for generating interest in your property.
When a house is occupied and filled with the objects that are part of your day-to-day life, it can be hard for a stranger to imagine themselves living there. Home staging creates a beautiful yet neutral atmosphere that allows potential buyers to project their own personalities onto a living space. Through artful lighting, furniture, and accessory placement, the feeling of a home is dramatically altered. Suddenly it looks larger, more up to date, and more welcoming. This is important because while people tend to be very rational and careful about property investment—they still want to fall in love.
For vacant properties, staging provides that all-important sense of homeyness, but it also gives potential buyers a better understanding of the size and flow of your floor plan. It can be difficult to assess if your bed and furniture will fit into that empty square bedroom. But with a few simple additions, it’s easier to map out the space. This is especially important in townhouses, where floor plans tend to be narrow and long.
As part of the Full Service Selling Program offered by Vancouvertownhouse.ca, we pay to have your home staged. We bring in our partners (Urban Presentations), and you pay the upfront cost. When your home sells, the staging cost is deducted from the realtor’s fees. It’s a time-tested formula that drives results, and keeps our clients coming back.
Top Five Reasons for Home Staging
5) More Money: a 2003 poll from HomeGain, an online resource for homebuyers and sellers, found that staging typically costs from $212 to $1,089 and adds from $2,275 to $2,841 to a home’s selling price, a return of 2 to 13 times the cost.
4) Faster Sale: statistics compiled by Stagedhomes.com showed regular homes spent an average of 22 days on the market while staged home were purchased in half the time.
3) Increased Appeal: a beautifully staged home attracts more buyers, increasing the potential of receiving your asking price.
2) Block Bargainers: a well maintained home discourages bargain hunters looking for a quick deal.
1) Protect Equity: properties fetch the best price within three weeks of listing, then the hagglers start appearing. A timely sale helps protect your equity at a marginal cost.
At vancouvertownhouse.ca we use Urban Presentations as our home staging partner of choice. These professionals know how to make the most of any space quickly and affordably. From color consultation to interior design, Urban Presentations can assist in all aspects of staging and design. Contact these home couture specialists if you’d like to learn more about their services.